Mayo-Free Potato salad
While some fat is good for you, the standard American diet is loaded with it - and cutting it down painlessly is usually a good idea.
This recipe idea replaces the mayo with a combination of fat-free Greek yogurt (another protein powerhouse) and Dijon mustard, which adds a ton of flavor. Feel free to change the herbs and veggies suggested here to better suit your taste. This is just the way I do it.
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup non-fat Greek-style yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup onions, diced (approximately half of a small onion)
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 small carrot, diced
- ¼ teaspoon dill
- ¼ teaspoon marjoram
- ¼ teaspoon rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
Here's what you do:
- Put eggs in a pan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, pull off heat, and set aside 12 minutes.
- Mix yogurt, mustard, vegetables and herbs in a large bowl
- Peel the eggs, quarter them, then smash with yogurt mixture using a fork or your fingers.