Thursday, April 21, 2016
Life and business can often be viewed as a game
Of course, (typically) games are supposed to be fun (either to play or to watch). Think of what a game is, though. It's a contest - i.e. you have an opponent. In life, that opponent is time. That's a game that's not particularly played for fun, since you don't have a choice.
If you want to change your body for the better, change your financial situation for the better, find a quality mate, start a new business or learn how to buy real estate or stocks correctly, then you need to know how the game should best be played.
If you want to win the 'game of life', here are a few suggestions (based on what winners do):
1) Look at all of the things that you 'can' do and pick the best one. Choose wisely, but focus on what you do best.
2) Don't gamble. Instant gratification is an illusion.
3) Don't do things the hard way. You'll give up and quit... when you didn't even have to.
4) Hang around people who have already done what you want to do. Listen to them.
5) Prepare yourself. Never stop learning. When your chance comes, you'll be ready.
6) Master self-discipline. If you can't conquer your bad habits, you'll never win at anything else.
7) See things in a different way. Don't follow the crowd.
8) In life, play with the cards you're dealt. Some people are dealt a better hand than others. The best card players win with good hands and bad hands.
The bottom line is this: There are proven rules to winning at life. Learn from the masters and you will enjoy better health, wealth and happiness during all your years.